Start Date: 11/15/2023 8:00 AM EST
End Date: 11/16/2023 5:00 PM EST
Venue Name: Page Location:
400 W Cesar Chavez, Ste 500
Austin, TX United States 78701
This course qualifies for 16 AIA/CES Learning Units
Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) is an effective way to gain optimal performance and improve occupant safety and comfort in a previously built facility. With today’s concerns with indoor air quality and other health safety issues, owners are looking for ways to keep their buildings healthy, decrease utility costs, reduce maintenance costs, and improve occupants’ working environment. This EBCx training focuses on the What, Why, and How-To of EBCx. Participants receive comprehensive instruction on each phase of the existing building commissioning process based on BCxA’s Best Practices, taught by professionals with extensive industry experience. In addition to understanding all the deliverables in the EBCx process, attendees will learn the importance of:
- Identify what buildings and systems are ideal for the existing building commissioning process.
- The benefits and goals of the EBCx process.
- Analyzing facility performance through a systematic process that includes establishing a baseline, performing energy calculations, reviewing documentation, and conducting functional testing.
- Build a Facility Improvement Measure (FIM)
- Perform an Energy Calculation (and Structure an Energy Efficiency Measure (EEM))
- Assemble Current Facilities Requirements
- Create an EBCx Investigation Plan